The Vichyssoise recipe is delicious and is enjoyed cold. A creamy vegetable soup.
This delicious cold potato and leek soup can easily be prepared the evening before and can be served as a starter to a delicious summer buffet. The soup is also a real treat when warm and can be served, for example, with Wiener sausages as the main course. Instead of the croutons, you can also use some salmon caviar as a garnish. But then serve a fresh baguette with it.
- 1 large stick of leek, without dark green components
- 500 g floury potatoes
- 3 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 800 ml vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tsp white pepper from the mill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 slices of whole-grain toast
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Wash and clean the leeks and cut them into rings. Then peel and cut the potatoes. Two onions must also be cut into small cubes.
- The third onion does not need to be diced. Instead, it is peeled and cut deeply. A bay leaf is inserted into the resulting furrow.
- Then put 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pot and melt at medium heat. Once the butter is completely melted, sweat all the chopped ingredients. It is important to ensure that the heat is kept low. The ingredients should be sweated colorlessly.
- Deglaze with the vegetable stock and add the prepared bay leaf and onion. Let it simmer quietly for about 20 minutes and stir every now and then. Again, make sure that the heat is moderate.
- After the 20 minutes, remove the whole onion and puree the soup with a blender and then pass it through a fine sieve. All solid ingredients must be chopped up.
- Pour the soup into a large bowl and refine it with cream and crème fraîche. Stir well and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Then let the soup cool completely in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Shortly before serving the cold soup, remove the crusts from the toast slices, dice them and roast them in a hot pan in the remaining butter until golden brown and crispy to form croutons.
- Finally, season the soup again with salt and pepper, place on soup plates, garnish with the croutons and chive rolls and serve.