I have now conjured a nice creamy keto broccoli soup, with cheddar as a spicy secret ingredient. It is so delicious, you can’t stop eating it, it has absolute addictive potential.
Do you also have soup every now and then? Which soups do you like to make best?
You can change this soup to your liking, just like almost all the recipes in my blog. If you don’t like broccoli, try cauliflower or romanesco, or mix different vegetables. I found broccoli here very suitable for this soup in terms of color, but with cauliflower, it is very monochrome because of the cream sauce.
If you don’t like cheddar or this cheese is perhaps too expensive for you, take another cheese and season it a bit more.
- 30 g (pasture) butter
- 30 g red onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic (clove, grated)
- 700 ml chicken broth
- 1 broccoli (about 500g)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan
- 100 g organic whipped cream min. 30% fat
- 120 g Kerrygold Cheddar (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 slices of bacon (optional)
- Chop the onions finely and grate or press the garlic clove.
- Put the onion and the garlic together with the butter in a large pot and fry them slightly over medium heat.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and put them into the pot with the chicken stock. Simmer on medium heat until the broccoli is soft.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper, and other spices to taste.
- Add cream, parmesan, and cheddar, stir well until everything has melted.
- To thicken the soup, add some xanthan gum and stir well again to prevent lumps from forming.
- If desired, serve the soup with chopped bacon – but you can leave that out.